Anyone interested in the world of engine and vehicle tuning can answer the question of what is used for wheel spacers, since they are common elements in professional cars, but also in those modified for common use.
The basic function of truck wheel spacers is to increase the width of the shaft. This is an element commonly used in racing cars, but it has come to the particular cars by the hand of tuning. However, they are elements beyond their aesthetic value, affect the security and stability of the vehicle, so it is essential to know what they are separators wheels , assess their advantages and disadvantages and care for your installation, if you have decided to Wheel spacers in your car. Customadeonly is one such provider of truck Wheel Spacers.
These are aluminum wheels that are inserted or bolted to the wheel hub. The main effect of the spacers is that they reduce the screwing depth of the rim, so that the wheelbase increases and the position of the rim is moved a little further towards the outside of the wheel casing, closer to the mudguard.
Visually, although the separator is not visible from the outside of the vehicle, the displacement of the rim is perceived. In general, they give the car a sportier look and closer to the aesthetics of racing cars.
From the mechanical point of view, the greater width on the axle that is achieved with the wheel spacers, supposes a greater grip in situations of demanding driving.
Separators in racing cars
In competition cars, wheel spacers are a common element to improve the adhesion of tires to the ground. However, in a non-professional use it is necessary to evaluate very carefully the virtues of this element and its suitability to your vehicle and the type of use and driving you carry out. In addition, not all wheel spacers are legal to drive on public roads:
- There are three types of wheel spacers available on the market: single spacers, double centering and double fixing spacers, and double centering spacers. Only the last – double centering wheel seals can be approved on a vehicle intended for public use.
- The balance in the assembly and installation of these elements is crucial, any small slip will directly affect the behavior of the vehicle.
- The installation and installation of the separators must be done by professionals, it is also important to choose official and approved separators. It is necessary that in the workshop where they are placed, they give you a certificate that is essential to be able to homologate and legalize this modifying element of your vehicle in any ITV center.
- Not all cars can use wheel spacers, it is very important that you make sure that your vehicle can safely carry them and that you choose legal separators, in addition to an authorized installation center.
- The advantages and effectiveness of the wheel spacers – greater grip – are not given under normal driving conditions; they can only be seen on very winding routes and in extreme driving conditions, so they are not a recommended or necessary element for a use daily.